An obscure club from Atlanta, GA.
The Rivers Club began in 1909 in Atlanta, GA with 40 Charter members, all from the newly established Atlanta Boys' Club. It was founded by E. Rivers.
Boys were only known by their "water" names and rose through the ranks
river, with the goal of reaching the ocean.
The group never seem to catch on and disappeared from the local newspaper, the Atlantic Constitution, by mid- 1911.
Despite its "waiting list" the group disappeared from the newspaper soon after this clipping - 1911